Tuesday, May 6, 2008


Jewellery for sale at an artisans market in Mauritania


I've been so lazy about doing this, but I have plenty of excuses as always :p I went to Mauritania with my husband and kids for a few weeks. It was a great trip and I was just soooo happy to be able to drive as silly as it sounds but I missed it

I just got back from my in laws house sometimes I walk there with my older kids its about a 20 min walk its good to get out in the daylight and move around a bit. I had a interesting discussion where I tried to convince my sil that the sun is a star and the moon a moon she was convinced that both are planets I don't know if she was convinced by the end of our talk. This all started because I went there to get help with my sons arabic homework even though he is only in the first grade I still dont understand all of it. My husband left for a business trip last night sooo its worth the walk to get the help.

Anyways the kids are calling...

Here are pics of the henna I had done in Mauritania It takes about 7 hours with two women working non stop!

1 comment:

Umm Ibrahim said...

Assalaamu alaikum,

Wow, that henna is reallllly beautiful masha'Allah!